Dress Down for Brain Injury Awareness Month This June
June is Brain Injury Awareness Month. In Canada, approximately 160,000 Canadians suffer brain injuries every year with incidence and reporting rates continuing to rise. The prevalence of brain injury outpaces breast cancer, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, and HIV/AIDS combined, and it remains the number one killer and disabler of people under 44.
Last year, my team and I launched “Dress Down for Brain Injury” to raise awareness and funds in support of Brain Injury Awareness Month. Every Friday, each of us will contribute $5 so we can enjoy wearing casual clothes for the day. At the end of the month, the firm will match those donations 100% and give all proceeds to the Brain Injury Association of Halton Peel.
I encourage you to join us by having your own office take part in Dress Down for Brain Injury Awareness Month, matching whatever amount you are comfortable with to help us support this important and worthwhile cause.
Roger R. Foisy is an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Ontario who has helped clients with brain injuries receive compensation. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, please contact us for immediate support and a free consultation.
*Roger R. Foisy has completed courses in Neurorehabilitation, Neurobehavioral Disorders, Advanced Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Cognitive Interventions for Adults with Acquired Brain Injuries, and Neuropsychological Assessments: Beyond Testing from Brock University. However, he is not a medical professional. The advice in this blog is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.
More on Brain Injury from Roger R. Foisy:
- Personal Injury Potential Settlement Values: Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
- New Concussion Blood Test Developed with a 90% Accuracy Rate!
- How Speech-Language Pathologists Help Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! - December 14, 2021
- Why It’s Important for Personal Injury Lawyers to Monitor Client Social Media - November 11, 2021
- Long-Term Care Benefits Denied by Insurance Company - September 3, 2021