Dress Down for Brain Injury Awareness Month This June
This coming June is Brain Injury Awareness Month. In Canada, approximately 160,000 Canadians suffer brain injuries every year with incidence and reporting rates continuing to rise. The prevalence of brain injury outpaces breast cancer, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, and HIV/AIDS combined, and it remains the number one killer and disabler of people under 44.
To raise awareness and funds in support of Brain Injury Awareness Month, my team and I will be launching an event—Dress Down for Brain Injury Awareness Month. Every Friday, each of us will contribute $5 so we can enjoy wearing casual clothes for the day. At the end of the month, the firm will match those donations 100% and give all proceeds to the Ontario Brain Injury Association.
I encourage you to join us by having your own office take part in Dress Down for Brain Injury Awareness Month, matching whatever amount you are comfortable with to help us support this important and worthwhile cause.
Roger R. Foisy is an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Ontario who has helped clients with brain injuries receive compensation. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, please contact us for immediate support and a free consultation.
*Roger R. Foisy has completed courses in Neurorehabilitation, Neurobehavioral Disorders, Advanced Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Cognitive Interventions for Adults with Acquired Brain Injuries, and Neuropsychological Assessments: Beyond Testing from Brock University. However, he is not a medical professional. The advice in this blog is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.
More on Brain Injury from Roger R. Foisy:
- Personal Injury Potential Settlement Values: Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
- New Concussion Blood Test Developed with a 90% Accuracy Rate!
- How Speech-Language Pathologists Help Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
- Why You Need Optional Benefits in Your Ontario Automobile Insurance Policy - May 17, 2022
- Roger R. Foisy Invited as Panelist on OTLA Long-Term Disability Roundtable - February 24, 2022
- Does Your Union Insurance Policy Cover Long-Term Care? - February 22, 2022