What Happens During the Mediation of a Personal Injury Claim? [Video]
Statistics show that 97% of personal injury cases settle before going to trial. One of the most effective ways to settle a claim is during mediation, which can result in a fair settlement of your case without needing to go to trial.
Settling during mediation can be a win-win solution for both you and the insurer, as it allows you to resolve the dispute without an expensive and lengthy trial, where a judge and jury would have the power to make decisions about your case instead of you.
If you are able to effectively tell the insurance adjuster how your life has been impacted by your injury or illness and if your lawyer has provided the insurer with all relevant evidence ahead of time, you may be able to receive a settlement on the higher end of what the adjuster believes your case could be worth.
A personal injury claim mediation has five participants:
- You (the Claimant)
- Your Injury Lawyer
- Insurance Adjuster
- Insurance Lawyer
To learn the full details about personal injury claim mediation, including what to expect and how to achieve the best outcome, watch my video below:
Ultimately, (and with the guidance of your injury lawyer) you decide whether to accept, reject, or provide a counteroffer to the settlement offered to you during the mediation.
If you have been injured in Ontario at the fault of another party or have been wrongfully denied long-term disability insurance, please contact Roger R. Foisy and his team of experience personal injury lawyers for immediate support and a free consultation.
More Videos about Personal Injury and the Legal Process from Roger R. Foisy:
- Preparing for an Insurance Company Independent Medical Examination [Video]
- What Is the Settlement Value for My Injury or Illness? [Video]
- Initial Client Interview: What Personal Injury Victims Can Expect [Video]
- Why It’s Important for Personal Injury Lawyers to Monitor Client Social Media - November 11, 2021
- Long-Term Care Benefits Denied by Insurance Company - September 3, 2021
- Has Your Long Term Disability Been Terminated [Video]? - June 14, 2021